Friday, June 24, 2005

Versatile Scarves - Plain Jane Finito

The first versatile scarf has been knitted, blocked and gifted. This was my first experience with blocking a knitted item. I think I might have been a tad bit aggressive with it and made it bigger than it should have been. I think I like it in it's unblocked form better. I washed it in some Eucalan and then gently pressed out the excess water and laid it out on a towel on the floor and pinned it into shape. Now I know why a blocking board is so very coveted. It is much easier to block something to a certain size when you have measurements and guidelines to use. All in all it did turn out well, and it did not come out a funky shape, so I am pleased.
Here you can see my reluctant model (actually my 9 year old). The scarf is jauntily tied in a loose knot on the side. Oh-la-la! What fashion sense she has at such a young age. Okay... I made her do it, but still... DD took it to school with her on the last day and said that the teacher liked it. That she wore it on her head (what the?) and also around her neck during the day. So I am gathering that will get some use. Next year my DD is going to another school, so she won't be able to see if the teacher does wear it to school. Perhaps someday we will run into her when she is sporting it. That would be something. I have never seen anyone wearing something that I have made outside of my immediate family. Would there be a strong sense of deja vu?

1 Comments:

Blogger Noey D. said...

That turned out nice! What happened with the pink one?

6/24/2005 11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home