Sunday, June 05, 2005

Versatile Scarves - Plain Jane

Even though I couldn't find any pictures on the net of other "Versatile Scarves" I decided to plunge right in. Call me impulsive or should I suggest "insane" instead. You see I have decided at the last minute to make these for my daughters two main teachers. Procrastination at it's best? Perhaps. But you see, I do have a legitimate excuse. I didn't get the pattern until Friday so I couldn't have worked on it before then, right? (wink) I am making the first pattern for a plain garter stitch scarf using some Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool in the color "woad"* and size 10 needles. Even though it is not worsted weight I am using the directions (and needle size) for worsted on the pattern. You see the Silky Wool comes in a 192 yard skein and the pattern calls for 190 yards in worsted. I am hoping that I do not run out of yarn along the way. Why am I making these as a gift for the teachers? I figured that they would get use out of such items being as they have to "dress" for their jobs. Well, at least 4 out of 5 days a week since they are allowed to wear blue jeans on Fridays. It is fun seeing this scarf come together. It is the first thing that I have made like this. I just hope that when it comes to making the ties that I don't mess up on it! As you can see by the pictures I have gotten almost to the point where I shall be tackling them. Wish me luck! * Woad = An annual Old World plant (Isatis tinctoria) in the mustard family, formerly cultivated for its leaves that yield a blue dye. Definition from http://www.dictionary.com.

1 Comments:

Blogger Noey D. said...

Very pretty! I can't wait to see the finished object! :)

6/08/2005 10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home