Thursday, June 09, 2005

I Am Not Super Mom

Sigh. Well, it looks as though I won't be finishing the pink scarf for tomorrow. Ugh. You see I was knitting happily along when I found a mistake. Yup a weird looking stitch at the beginning of the project. UGH! There is now way that I can rip it all back to that point and then make up all that knitting before 8am tomorrow. Well I could, but that would mean going without sleep. That is so not going to happen. Especially since right now I am so tired I could just keel over. So we are going on to plan number two. The one teacher loves chocolate. So the plan is to give her two handmade dishcloths with chocolate stashed inside of them. Oldest DD has picked out two cloths and I am going to weave a removable ribbon around them to make little sacks to open. Then we shall fill one with milk chocolate and the other with dark chocolate. The finished scarf will go to the one teacher who has had my daughter in her class the most. Meaning that she has spent more time with her helping her with her learning. DD is pleased with this and she is the one who insisted the one teacher get the scarf. The "chocolate" teacher has gotten crocheted items in the past from me so I am sure that she will love the cloths stuffed with chocolate treats.

3 Comments:

Blogger Deneen said...

You're not Super Mom, I'm not Super Mom. I had planned on making wristbags for my dd's teacher, teachers aide, two busdrivers (yeah I know, one kid, 4 items). I made them stuff for Christmas and Valentine's day............but, I am so engrossed in making a bolero and tank tops and anything that isn't the teacher's gifts, I haven't even started them yet. Well, I did start one, on the plane to Florida, but I lost count, etc. not worth saving.

Anyway, I think, and I know this should go over like a fart in an elevator, I will get their mailing addy's and send them out the bags some time next month. I feel so disorganized by not having them done, but am not going to bust my ass trying to get them done either.

I suck!

6/10/2005 11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. I'm in a race against the clock myself right now to get a scarf done in time for Father's day. Right now I have about 16" done. I think it's time to come up with a plan B!

6/14/2005 10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You may not be a SuperMom, but your SP5 email guestimate was right on. Congratulations on winning!

6/18/2005 9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home