Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Brittany and K. Anne

I am so not having an affair with Brittany Spears. But I am having a love affair with my Brittany knitting needles. (My Addi Turbos too, but shhh... We won't tell Brittany will we. She can be so jealous!) The other day I decided to take out the unfinished poncho for my youngest daughter and get it finished up. I took out the needles and something seemed a little bit askew. Oh no! Look at that curve. What in the heck happened? Can you see it? Look closely at around the 4 inch mark on the ruler. Look at the needle there. Squint really, really hard. There! Do you see it now? Do ya? Do ya? No? There's a crack there, I swear! What? You don't believe me?
Here I inserted a piece of colored envelope into the split so it would show up better in the picture. Now you can see that my needle (sob)is (sob) broken! What's a girl to do? I bought the needle at the TKGA convention, and they do not have this size locally. Dang it. Then a light bulb went off over my head. (Honestly, with the little pull chain and the straight emphasis lines and everything.) And I remembered that Brittany has a guarantee on their needles and will replace them. Hooray! I emailed them about the needle (complete with pictures) on the first of this month. They have since emailed me back stating that they would be happy to replace it. It's so very nice to see a company stand by their guarantee, no questions asked. I can not wait for my replacement to arrive. Until then the poncho is stuck on the other needle. But I am sure it shall be set free very soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kimberly said...

And they are replacing it without a question asked? Thats great! I tried to send something back once (can't remember what or to whom now....old age setting in! lol) and had to jump threw so many hoops and fll out so many forms that in the end I said the heck with it and into the bin it went!

6/09/2005 9:50 AM  
Blogger Kellie said...

They didn't ask for the needle back. I think it would cost too much for them to do so. But that's fine with me. I'd rather not pay to return the needle. Lol.

6/09/2005 11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home