Saturday, June 04, 2005

SP5 Questions

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high-end/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? I have found that I am slowly upping the mark on the yarns I use. I have moved from old chain store stand-bys into the "LYS" world of natural fibers. 2. Do you spin? Crochet? I crochet but do not spin. I would like to needle felt though. 3. Do you have any allergies? (Smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) I do not have an allergy per-se but smoky smells turn me off, as do over flowery smells. 4. How long have you been knitting? I just learned to knit in March of 2005. 5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I have an Amazon wish list. Just enter in my email address into the search for wish list function and it should come up. I try to keep it updated. I also have a list of patterns, tools, etc. that I keep for future acquisition. If you really want to see a copy of that big old list of self-indulgence just let me know via email. 6. What's your favorite scent? (For candles, bath products etc.) For Candles I love the Yankee Candle Green Grass, but they stopped making it, so I switched to Spring Meadow. For Bath stuff I tend to go with light non-flowery scents, more towards the Burt's Bees type of things. 7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Oh yes! I try to stick to sugar-free chocolates (no medical reason) I find myself lusting after neat things I see on other peoples blogs like strawberry kit-kats (or green tea ones). I seem to gravitate more toward caramels or turtle (nut & caramel) the most. When they make Pecan Pie candies, then I am in big trouble. 8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I'm in the process of taking up sewing. What's the thing that inspired me to go for it? All the lovely fabrics out there from Michael Miller, Amy Butler, Alexander Henry, etc. They are very drool worthy. I have a fear (or is it just anticipation?) that my fabric stash will one day grow to rival my yarn stash. 9. What kind of music do you like? Honestly I listen to a ton of different stuff. From rock like Puddle of Mudd to pop like Kelly Clarkson to country like Reba. You will even find me tuning into the "oldies" and singing along with songs from the 50s, 60s & 70s. It's just whatever I am in the mood for at the time. 10. What's your favorite color? My favorite color is green. The colors that I wear tend to be the classic neutrals (navy, grey, burgundy, black, hunter green, etc.), although I am trying to break into new color territories and bought some sky blue, sage green and purple shirts. 11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am a SAHM of two girls (ages 9 & 3). I have been married to my hubby for 11 years. (Time flies!) We have a sheltie and a cat of undetermined origins. We also have 5 goldfish. 12. What are your life dreams? To be happy, healthy and hope the same for my family. I would love to experience and learn new things, and one day I hope to be able travel all over and outside of the US. 13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I am loving the silk/merino blends (currently using them so they are top-most in my mind). I am getting quite spoiled by all the hand dyed yarns out there. I love all the gorgeous colorways and I keep getting drawn to colors that I do not normally wear. I guess that is a good thing. (grin) I am really interested in trying out some of the more unusual fibers coming out. Bamboo, Banana Fiber, Soy, Hemp (not the twine), Corn, etc. 14. What fibers do you absolutely not like? I haven't found a fiber that I dislike using per-se, and hope that that day will never come. I think that they all have their uses. And it seems to be my lot in life to find out what they are! ROFL. 15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? Felting is one (oven mitts from LP Bulky), tool acquisition (mostly needles) and pattern acquisition is/are another. 16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Gift items and things for my children. I hardly ever seem to make anything for myself to keep. 17. What are you knitting right now? Currently I am knitting a lace shawl, ponchos for my daughters and some squares for cat toys. 18. What do you think about ponchos? I must admit to making them. I don't know if I would wear one, but the girls love them and have begged for more. 19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? It depends on the project. I like straights for certain things and circs for others. I think I am a needle-a-holic. Is there a cure? 20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Wood (Brittanys) or metal (Addi Turbos or Susan Bates Silvalume). I do use the Bamboo (Clover) circs as well. 21. Are you a sock knitter? Although I have purchased sock yarn (and size 2 & 3 wood DPNs) I have not yet attempted to knit the socks. I am thinking by late summer I will start. 22. How did you learn to knit? One day after working out I got into a discussion with a fellow member about this scarf that was hanging on the coat rack. We got to talking about crochet and knitting, and I mentioned how I always wanted to learn but never had anyone to show me. She offered to teach me the next time I went in and we set a day to meet and about 15 minutes into it I knew how to cast on (long tail), knit & purl. I taught myself how to cast off and then learned a different cast on and increasing & decreasing and working with DPNs at the TKGA in Valley Forge. And recently I took a class to begin to learn how to knit lace at one of the local yarn stores around my area. 23. How old is your oldest UFO? My oldest knit UFO is from March (still have to finish the practice scarf). My oldest crochet UFO is about 2 years old and is waiting for me to join squares together and sew in ends. 24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? There is some weird sort of kismet going on with me and the comic strip "Pearls Before Swine" by Stephan Pastis. My best friend got me hooked on it and in retaliation I have bought her the books from the series. 25. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas time is my favorite. Not exactly Christmas day but the day before as that is when my side of the family all gets together. (About 40 or so of us.) 26. Is there anything that you collect? Other than yarn? (gasp) Lol. Longaberger Baskets, but I must confess that they have either been gifts or I won them at Basket Bingo. Everything else that I collect is craft related (yarn, fabric, etc.). One thing I would love to find is an old opaque milk bottle. I think it would be a cool vase or to display needles in. I haven't come across one locally yet. 27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? The only one that I have is through the TKGA, Cast On it's called. Although I am waiting for my subscription to start at the end of summer. I would love to get a Rowan #28 as there are some patterns in there that I have been wanting to make. 28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on? The knitting books that I'd like to have the most are "Scarf Style" and "Lavish Lace". As far as other books for reading pleasure I have them on my Amazon wish list, as there are quite a few that I'd like to have. (Greedy Gus that I am!) If you have any other questions secret pal, feel free to email me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home