Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Crack!

Why am I writing about crack? No, I do not spend my time scouting street corners looking to score my next hit. (Unless you call perusing the internet for more stash goodness being a strung out junkie... Then yeah, you got me.) Nope, this is not a rant against plumber butt. Or those lower than low rise jeans that share all the spread "glory". It's my oldest daughter's newest saying. Instead of "wow" or "darn", etc. She has come up with a multi-purpose idiom... Crack! Where she comes up with these things I do not know. However I have found myself muttering it to myself during times of stress. (I suppose it is cleaner than the mixed up fish word*.) Can you picture me out somewhere and I stub my toe on a curb or some such thing, klutz that I am, and scream "Crack!". Will people think I am commenting on the condition of the sidewalk or will they simply call for the men in little white coats as I am clearly delusional and shouting out random bits? Personally I am leaning towards option two no matter what. I mean who stands there and yells about sidewalk cracks? Crazy people? Right. Then you see my point. Oh crack! *Rearrange the letters of "carp". Note: Picture shows oldest DD in a soccer game from this past fall.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regarding "plumber butt", I refer to it as "butt clevage"!!!! LOL!

6/02/2005 3:36 AM  
Blogger Deneen said...

My five year old has three sayings she uses "Horse Pucky", "Barnacles" and "Tartar sauce", the last two are from Sponge Bob, of course. I find myself using them a lot and do get looked at, but what can ya do??? It's better than Elena saying to her dad last week "Would you like some freaking breakfast??"

6/02/2005 9:25 AM  
Blogger KniTaPaLooZa said...

Well that has been around our house for quite sometime. but our new one around here from our boys is "Mi-Lanta" yeap diarreha medicine. They say it all the time. I am not so sure it it is better then crack?

6/02/2005 7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home