Friday, June 03, 2005

Seeing Stars

Since warmer weather is fast coming upon us (and Mother Nature keeps teasing me with an 80 degree day in the midst of a 60 degree week) I thought it prudent to find some small projects to port around. With all the outdoor activities going to be happening (playground visits, picnics, etc.) I need projects to work on that are small and won't make me sweat to death. Working on an afghan in 90 degree weather while watching your wee ones romp about the teeter totter is not the action of a sane woman. Okay, it is not the action of this insane woman. My first project? Dish/wash cloths. They fit my criteria, plus I know they will make great gifties come the holiday season. I loved this pattern when I saw Dawn post pictures of the ones she was making at Crochetville. Here is a close up of one of the cloths. For some reason I just love how this color turned out. It's a color combo that I would be hesitant to wear, but just works for this project. I officially have 20 1/2 crocheted. But none of the ends have been woven in. I am trying my best to use stash yarn for this project, but all the new colors of cotton that have come out keep tempting me! I think I am going to make a few more of these then look for another knit or crochet pattern for more. Any suggestions out there? UPDATE: Some people have asked about the pattern for the cloth. It is on the Dishcloth Boutique site and it is called Star Dishcloth. They have many other patterns for both knit and crochet on the site.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love 'em! -Knits In Secret

6/04/2005 1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

K-Ann,
Love your dish- wash cloths. When you get tired of them you can always try coasters. They`re even easier and with exchanges starting soon on CHAC you can be way ahead of us and be ready for that X.
Love,Sis
CHAC

6/04/2005 5:20 PM  
Blogger none said...

Love them! I think those would make great Christmas presents.

6/09/2005 5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are so cute! If you have to use a dishcloth it might as well be a cute one. :D

6/10/2005 2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home