Saturday, May 14, 2005

Acquiring Some More Class

For Mother's Day I got to go yarn shopping! Woohoo! Can you guess what I bought? More Elsebeth Lavold of course. I only put one of each color in the photo, but some of them I bought 2 skeins of for the Irish Hiking Scarf. Do you have the feeling that a lot of people are going to be getting scarves this holiday season? What colors did I buy? Top Row (L-R): 027 periwinkle, 007 yellow ochre, 008 moss and 026 shocking pink. Bottom Row (L-R): 009 verdigris, 004 charcoal, 003 granite and 010 woad. There are so many more colors out there (that the store didn't carry) that I would love to get. But perhaps I should work on these first, eh? You can't think that I would go to a yarn store and only buy one kind of yarn? There is just too much temptation! I actually bought this one with a specific project in mind. Both are for the same but separate project. In other words... I'll be making up the same pattern twice. The yarn is Schaeffer Yarns Anne. Unfortunately on these there are no colorways listed. One is pastel pink, green, yellow and blue on white. The other is navy, dark purple/burgundy-ish and dark green on black. So what is all that lovely Anne for? Why my first lace project of course! I got to sign up for a class to learn how to make this lovely. Sheesh. Teach a girl to knit and she thinks she can tackle lace in less than three months. I will be making the shawl shown here. I love the subtle variegation of the blue colorway shown here. Unfortunately there were only three Anne skeins when I went to choose mine. The third one (that I didn't take) was similar to the dark colorway I already chose. The shawl's name is "Cat's Paw Lace Shawl". The pattern is one by the teacher of the class, so unfortunately it is not available for purchase. I did do an online search and found some patterns that use what looks like the same lace stitch. So I thought I would give you some linkage in case you catch Cat's Paw fever too. Cat's Paw Bookmark and Cat's Paw Lace Shawl. (A different pattern than the one I am making.) I also bought some Addi Turbos. Oh yeah. Well, I did need circulars for the lace class! (That's my story and I'm sticking to it!) I bought the size 4 for the class and a size 8. I figured an 8 was a pretty safe bet as a popular size for patterns. We shall soon see if I develop an Addi addiction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home