Thursday, March 10, 2005

Signs

I love reading the signs on the local floral shops and churches. They certainly come up with some grand sayings! Sometimes thought provoking and sometimes ones that just leave me with a grin on my face. Driving home tonight I came across the following two sayings posted on signs. "Forbidden Fruits Often Lead to Jams" -- On a florist shop "Death is No Way to Meet God" -- On a church I wonder if it is only here in the US that places do this on a frequent basis. I can't recall seeing anything of the like while going through Canada. And since I have never been to any other country other than the US & Canada I really can't say. Perhaps visitors to this blog can chime on in with some of their favorite "sign sayings". And all of y'all from other countries let me know if you play the sign game too!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! When I try to leave comments in your journal tonight, I get a message "blog not found" even though I'm staring it in the face.

Anyhow. Sign on billboard in South Bend Indiana for Hacienda Mexican Restaurant "Less artsy, more fartsy".

3/11/2005 8:56 AM  
Blogger Jewels said...

Best sign I ever saw was on a long trip, driving thru a little village in Saskatchewan was a little hometown cafe with sign
:come in and eat or we'll both starve:
LOL

3/11/2005 10:05 PM  
Blogger Daisy said...

One of my favorites, outside a little restaurant (apparently they didn't have enough room for all the letters!): Hot Sand To Go

3/12/2005 4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home