Saturday, March 12, 2005

Got Spare Parts?

This afternoon my hubby had a gathering of work cronies at Hooters. (Yes, believe me I can hear the groans now. I am right there with ya.) So I dropped him off to hang out with the guys (and gals from work too). And the kiddos and I got to roam. We went to go see the new movie "Robots". The last time I took my two year old to see a movie was Shrek 2. At that time hubby went as well, it was a family outing. Poor hubby spent 3/4 of the movie out in the lobby with said youngster. Yep, she wanted to be free! So he let her run around there until my oldest DD & I were done watching the movie. I knew going into this I was taking a chance, but I was counting on the 50% chance that all would go well. Every time the Robots commercial came on, youngest DD would exclaim, with great excitement, "ROBOTS!" I let that be my deciding factor in going to the movies. She wanted to see it, so maybe she would actually sit through it. Since we were in the neighborhood, I decided to go to a local theater, one that we had never been to before. It was 20 minutes before show time and I figured that was plenty of time to get the tickets, popcorn and what have you before the previews began. We park and I get the kiddos to the door. We go into the building and there is a long line for tickets. In the window is posted "Robots Sold Out" with the time of "3:15" listed below it. But that was okay, because we were going to the 5:20 showing. Then I glanced at the next ticket booth and in their window their sign had "3:15: and "5:20". ACK! So, I tried to hussle the kiddos back out for the long walk to the car. (This place was crowded!) Youngest DD starts crying and saying "Robots, I want Robots." and "No!". I held her hand as we walked to the car. She cried all the way. Even though I tried to explain to her that the Robots were all gone, so we were going to another place to see them. Once I had her in her car seat she calmed down and then fell asleep. We made it to the other theater in plenty of time to catch their show. We got our tickets, etc. And then went to go and get our seats. Oldest DD picked the first row of the stadium seating section. So we didn't have anyone in front of us. It would be easy to get out of the theater in case someone was upset, without having to make other people stand up to get out of a row. They were showing commercials on the screen and then switched to the previews. Youngest DD didn't like being so very close to the screen. When the previews came on she tried to convince me to go higher up the steps. I think she wanted to get as far away from the screen as possible. She spent some of the time at the end of the row trying to stand beside and a little bit behind the end seat. (She does this at home when a "scary" part comes on a movie... Like when Marlin & Dory get swallowed by the whale in Nemo.) I kept trying to get her to sit down in her seat. And yes, I will admit it, I did bribe her with M&M's. She's a woman, and she loves chocolate. Lol. It only worked for a little while. She spent most of the movie trying to hide or in my lap. Then towards the end of the movie she got up and was doing circle laps in the big in front of us. However, there were no screaming or crying incidents which I was very glad of. I just didn't like when she would try to hide behind the seats because I couldn't see her. (I am a paranoid Mommy.) All in all it went well. We enjoyed the movie. Although I would have liked it more, I am sure, if I didn't miss pieces her and there. I am sure that when it comes out on DVD I will see it plenty. As I am sure that it will get many a viewing here. Let me just say that this week I have watched Lilo & Stitch no less than 10 times. And the Stitch movie about 5 times. Youngest DD has a way of wearing movies out!

1 Comments:

Blogger none said...

My husband took my 3 1/2 year old to this movie on Saturday, also. They both enjoyed it. Although, I think she liked the Winnie the Pooh movie better. She really couldn't tell me what happened in the Robots movie.

3/14/2005 5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home