Friday, February 18, 2005

Soldier Boy

I finished the hat and scarf for my nephew on Sunday. He is crazy for anything military. Shame I couldn't preview the pictures that I quickly took at my parents house, because I would have re-taken them, as they came out somewhat blurred. Here is the hat that I crocheted. It looks an odd shape until you put it on. My first double knitted (loomed) scarf. The yarn colors are Red Heart "Black" and "Camouflage". I made it using two strands of yarn and the one over one method. It was made on the purple Knifty Knitter loom.
A close up of the scarf. It looks better in person. I was so surprised that it came out nice and soft, and somewhat squishy. It also has a somewhat "elastic" quality to it. You can stretch it out sideways to make it wider and shorter, then pull on it lengthwise to get it to go back to a long thin scarf. Now it looks more like a hat! I told you it looks better on someone's head than on the floor. Lol. My nephew wore it (and the scarf) practically all night long. He kept saying that he was "cold" and therefore he could wear the hat and scarf inside the house.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it looks great I have not beeen able to get the hang of my purple loom yet but I really like your set .Where did you get your yarn

12/14/2005 2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home