Monday, February 14, 2005

Order Up!

My oldest DD just got home from school. And guess what she brought home with her? A note from her teacher. If you couldn't tell from the title... She ordered a blanket! Woohoo! So which afghan did she order? She ended up getting the one that is my design! Can you believe it? I am flabbergasted as there were other blankets that I considered to be prettier. This is the picture that I sent her of my Texture Afghan pattern. I had made these two for girlfriends who were both expecting within two months of each other. In order to make them a little different I did different edgings on both. This shows a close-up of the more masculine "plain" edge. I can not recall how I did either edging right now (it's been over 2 years!). I guess this time I'd better write them down!
Here is the ruffled edge one. This is the style that she ordered. She wants yellow/cream/blue mixture with a base of yellow. Tomorrow I will be going yarn shopping. More than likely I will buy yellow for the main color and a variegated mix for the ruffle. My fingers are itching to make a start!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is so cool, isn't it a neat feeling when someone recognizes your talent and then actually wants to pay you for making something? best feeling in the world. congratulaions. love that pattern. hugs vicki

2/15/2005 1:26 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

Beautiful work! I enjoyed reading your blog. :)

2/15/2005 10:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love your blog... congrats on the order! I have to say, it was the description of the box massacre that really won me over... I'll be back!

2/15/2005 11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home