Monday, February 07, 2005

Feedback

Well, it's finally happened. After 376 transactions on eBay I finally got a negative feedback. Apparently it's been there for about a month now, but I only just noticed it since I haven't been eBaying. You see I won a bid on this military coin for my hubby. I sent off a payment for it via snail mail. Big mistake. There is a reason I like Paypal. The seller said he never received it. So I sent off another payment, but in a rush after going through illness, family hospitalization, daughter's accident I sent cash. Silly me. He said he never received that one either. Now I am having a tough time believing that neither payment was received. UGH! I mean, I can see that a letter could get lost once, but twice? After not getting the SECOND payment I offered to Paypal him the money. That way he would get it right away and there would be no more lost mail. He refused. So, I kept emailing him about if he received my payment, etc. And if he emailed me I always responded. And he would write me back. So to see the negative feedback that reads: "never paid for the item, and never returned emails". Excuse me? How could I not be responding when HE wrote me in reply to my emails? I responded with a neg as well "Sent payment TWICE, seller said never received. Offered Paypal for 3rd, refused." The thing is this is the first negative feedback for both of us. Now I am just waiting to see if he responds to my response. This could get down and dirty, but I hope not. Double UGH. To tell the truth, I am no longer willing to send a third payment. Keep the coin, be happy, and let it end there.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sorka said...

See if he will agree to mutually withdraw the comments. I had a problem where I paid they received it, and never sent it.. in the end he said he sent it.. (not) and I said well no.. I had already told him not to so go back to Fed ex and get it.. and pay me back!
So we sort of agreed to disagree.

2/07/2005 11:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am always afraid that will happen to me if paying by snail mail. Usually if I can't pay via paypal I don't bid.

2/09/2005 6:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you pay by money order or cashiers check the first time? if so you can call a number(you wold have tog et it from where you purchased it from) and see if it has been cashed, that happened to me a while back seller ket saying didn't recieve payment, so went to the money order place, got the number, called them and it said it had been cashed by HIM< if it is lost, then you ususally can get a partical refund. good luck vicki

2/15/2005 1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For an extra, I think it's 45 cents (currently anyhow), you can get a "proof of delivery" from the post office. I highly recommend this in any eBay transaction that way the seller can't say they were never paid and the buyer can't say they never received the merchandise. I hope you left equally negative feedback on the buyer for LYING!!!

2/16/2005 11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home