Monday, February 28, 2005

Getting My Curves Back

I have been a member at Curves for over a year now. But I have a confession to make... I have been slacking dreadfully. At first it was one thing after the other. My youngest DD fell and had to have her leg in a splint. Then it took us a month to teach her how to walk again. After that my FIL (hubby's step-dad) was hospitalized for his breathing. He has emphysema and is now at home on oxygen and can no longer work. Then everyone here got sick with the flu and various colds. Ugh! After that my Grandfather went into the hospital with his heart failure. Mixed in with it all were the various holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Years) and all the hullabaloo that goes with them. One thing after another seem to conspire against me. But still I could have found the time to go at least once a week. It was just easier to not go at all. And believe me, my body has been paying for that. "Today I will brook no more excuses!", I sternly told myself. Grudgingly pulling on sweats and running a comb through sleep tangled hair, I got ready. Then I headed out the door for an early morning work out (had to get there before the snow started).
When I arrived I was greeted with "I missed you"s galore from the staff. "It just hasn't been the same without you". (This is the place where the owner has been trying to get me to come and work for them since I joined in October 2003.) After many rounds of repeating all that has occurred since my last visit, I began to workout. Oh yeah. This is what I missed. Mindless exercise where I can let my mind wander and work up a sweat at the same time. During my rounds I even discovered a new machine! Woohoo! One to work out those upper arms, no more "wave back" baby! Around and around I went and when it was time to stop I found myself feeling better emotionally. It felt good to get out of the house. To be in an adult oriented atmosphere (after the world of a 2 year old and limited adult conversations). And to do something that is just for me. Oh yeah, I'm going to get my Curves back and so much more.

2 Comments:

Blogger none said...

My mom has been trying to talk me into curves. I am glad you like it.

I wish I could tell you that you could "spot lose." Working out your arms will increase your muscles in your arms. However, it won't necessarily take away the fat. Building lean muscle mass increases your metabolism and you will burn more calories. When you burn more calories then you consume then you pull from your fat stores. This could be under your chin, back of your legs, stomach, or arms.

You can work out your legs and lose in your arms. How is that for kooky! Focus on your big muscle groups, the more lean body mass you build, the more calories you burn througout the day.

That is my exercise $.02. Hope you don't mind.

3/10/2005 2:41 AM  
Blogger Kellie said...

Spot reduction woes. I hear you loud and clear on that one. I tell ya if we could spot reduce it will be lovely. I am just happy that there is another machine which equals stronger arms for me. Maybe if I build my arms up enough they will push the fat right out of my body. Hahahaha.

3/11/2005 9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home