Friday, February 25, 2005

Signs of Spring

Well, more like signs of Easter. But around here that means that the snow will soon be gone. Only someone should tell Mother Nature that as she just dumped another 5 inches on us yesterday! And even more is in the forecast for Monday. While we (my daughters and I) were out at the grocery store yesterday we came across these cuties! You know when you see Peeps in the store Spring is almost here. Aren't these cute? We just couldn't resist them. Guess we needed an imitation (and diet friendly) sugar fix! Both girls got a chick. Pink for the wee one and blue for the older one of course! They tend to stick with their favorite colors when it comes to picking out things. The purple one is a gift for a friend who is crazy about purple. (I hope that she hasn't found this blog, or the surprise will be ruined.) Then tonight I took my daughters and my nephews to the same store. We came home with two more Peeps, bunnies this time. We also spied some more Peeps stuff that we missed the first go-round. There were colored ink pens with Peeps on the top of them. I did get a bunny pen to go with the afore mentioned purple chick. We also saw Peep bunny pillows filled with those microbeads. The kiddos tried to talk me into getting them pillows too, but I had to turn them down. Hubby would go nuts if he saw them. I think there is only so much marshmallow madness that he can take.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shar said...

Oh my gosh!! I have to have those peeps! My 16 year old dd is know for her "peep parties" . We buy them up Peeps after Easter and we roast them on campfires. When the sugar melts, it's like cotton candy! But be very careful! They get very hot! So anyway, I gotta have those peeps of yours!

2/26/2005 8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovin those peeps. Much better for the waistline. Gonna have to search them out. Love your blog very pretty.

2/26/2005 10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home