Friday, February 25, 2005

Got Drool?

Here are some baby bibs that I crocheted with a "V" pattern. Kind of like a ripple, but only with one peak. These are all made with Lily Sugar Babies yarn. I heard that they are going to discontinue the yarn. I am sad that they are no longer making it as it is hard to find a good sport weight cotton. This yarn just works so perfectly for the bibs. I am almost out of it. Those tiny leftover balls are looking so forlorn in my crochet bag. I'm having a hard time finding any more locally. I think I am going to end up on the street corner trying to hustle some from unsuspecting stash horders. "Psst... Ya got some Sugar Babies? I really need a fix man..." Can you get arrested for soliciting yarn?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are the BEST bibs I have ever seen! I so agree with Rebecca, PLEASE share the pattern.
Coralie

2/26/2005 8:27 AM  
Blogger none said...

Cute bibs! If you can figure out how to make a little pouch at the bottom to catch the cheerios, let me know. ha ha.

2/26/2005 4:58 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

The bibs are adorable. I notice you are from PA. I was wondering if you are near Allentown or Philadelphia and if so do you know of any good yarn shops there. I will be visiting the area in March. Thanks, Lucy email addy- lucylorf@netscape.com

2/26/2005 11:51 PM  
Blogger Marvie said...

I just found sport weight cotton yesterday when I was downtown, it is a German brand, not Sugar babies, but they have it in lots of springy colors. If you'd like some, shoot me an email newcombmarvie[at]hotmail[dot]com and we can work something out. I'd be happy for an excuse to go back to a yarn store ;)

2/27/2005 4:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see on Herschnerrs.com, in the sale items, Sugar Babies yarn is on sale for $2.47, I think it said. I had to reach in the dark recesses of my mind to remember who was hooking for this!

2/28/2005 11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home