Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Non-Military Navy Hat

This is the hat I made for my oldest nephew. He decided that he just wanted a "plain" tight fitting cap. He is not into the "military" theme as his brother is, and just wanted it done in a plain navy color. Kind of ironic that he picked "navy" since his brother is into "army". (The hat doesn't show as a navy color in the pic due to the camera flash.) I think he still secretly wants that rastifarian hat he first asked for. It may still be in his future! Perhaps a birthday present. Gives me lots of time to work on it since his birthday isn't until August! The hat on an unwilling model... My oldest daughter. Can you tell I finished this hat before I purchased the replacement model... er... styrofoam head. I tried to use Chelle's soldier hat pattern that was posted on Crochetville, but it just didn't work out for me. I think it is due to the nature of the yarn. It's Bernat Softee Chunky. So I just ended up winging the pattern to make it fit.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is tooooo cute. bet he liked it alot. you did a great job

2/23/2005 6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! It took me a minute to figure out that this wasn't a xanga site--I thought you were back...I'm a little slow sometimes.

This looks like a great pattern--might just give it a shot.
Cheers,
Kathy
http://www.xanga.com/Kathy

2/25/2005 7:20 AM  
Blogger Kellie said...

Thanks! Nope, I am not on Xanga anymore. I got tired of always having the banner ad thing. The interface here is much easier to manage and I can make my page look however I want. I'll miss Xanga, but I am liking it here. Hopefully you'll still stop by and visit me!

2/25/2005 10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home