Friday, February 25, 2005

Navy Surplus

After making the Navy hat for my nephew I still had some yarn leftover. I decided to go ahead and make another hat. With yarn in hand I started winging a pattern. I had gotten about three quarters of the way through the hat when I realized there wouldn't be enough to finish it up. Luckily I was able to go to the store and get some more. Now I should have enough for a third hat, if I feel so inclined. Lol. Here is my made up on the fly hat. I wonder if my nephew would like this one too. Or would the open spaces in the pattern be considered "girly". Notice that my new model has finally been put to work!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I like the hat! And no, I don't think it looks "girly". Its not like you decided to weave a pretty pink ribbon through the holes. :o) Sheila

2/26/2005 10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this hat!

My son, 12, says it could be either boy or girl!
Adding an applique or ribbon would push it into girly land!

Great Job!!

2/27/2005 6:13 PM  
Blogger Sorka said...

Lovin' those hats!! Man.. you have been crocheting up a storm lately! Are your poor knitting looms sitting in the corner feeling lonely? Poor things..!

3/01/2005 3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home