Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Border Crossing Contest

Can you guess where we are heading on vacation? Check out the picture on the left for a big clue.* The first person to guess correctly will receive a lovely little giftie in the mail after we return. I wonder what it will be. Some lovely stash yarn? A kitschy souvenir? Something tasty? Oh the mystery of it all!
HINT #1: We are not venturing outside of the continental US. (Added 7/19) HINT #2: Two people have mentioned the correct state, but not the correct city. (Added 7/20) *For clarification purposes the "place" in the photo is not the actual one we are visiting, but rather one that we are passing on the way to our vacation destination.

11 Comments:

Blogger Noey D. said...

mmmmm....let me think.....could it be Mexico?

7/19/2005 9:14 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Well, we always used to hit SoB on the way to Dinseyworld.

7/19/2005 9:25 PM  
Blogger Deneen said...

I swear I did not know people actually vacationed there. I stayed at the motel there once for the whole Kitsch of it all. I always stopped on my way to Florida for the steak sandwich and the gaudiness! I haven't been there in 15 years, but I bet it's the same. Have fun!!!!

7/19/2005 11:09 PM  
Blogger none said...

Hopefully it isn't Taco Bell! Ha ha... Dillon, SC.

However, if you are in Cali and you say "South of the Border" well then...it really is that.

7/19/2005 11:52 PM  
Blogger Trish said...

Hmmmmm....my first guess was Cancun, but then, you'd be all freaked out cuz of the Hurricane. Hmmm...south of PA??? NC?

7/20/2005 5:31 AM  
Blogger Deneen said...

Okay, okay, you're not vacationing there-Florida then?????

7/20/2005 8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since you came and left a comment on my blog I thought I would do the same!

I was thinking Mexico.. mainly cause thats what my fiance who is hispanic calls it.. lol

But I am thinking Florida! Because if I am right... thats Pedro in Dillon South Carolina!

7/20/2005 9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was thinking Mexico.

7/20/2005 11:18 AM  
Blogger Kellie said...

The "South of the Border" signs are still there. My husband is quite familiar with the signs from going to Florida with his Mom as a child.

7/20/2005 12:10 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

I'm guessing South Carolina, Hilton Head (since not Myrtle Beach).

7/20/2005 3:15 PM  
Blogger Deneen said...

I used to pass it on the way to Ft. Lauderdale. Are you going there or Daytona?

7/20/2005 4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home