Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Just Beachy Goes to School

I sent the beach bag into school today with my oldest daughter. It's for her class raffle. I am wondering if the teacher is going to make a comment about it. This is the same teacher who I made the baby blanket for, so we shall see. Shame that I can not go to the Raffle. You see they made it an adult's only night. And it's on a Friday. Which means that hubby works, and there is no one to watch the kids. Well, that is not strickly true. But I am not driving 30 minutes to take the kids to my parents house, then 30 minutes back to go to the event, then do the whole hour round trip again to pick up the kiddos. It's just not feasible. You'd think for a school event they would make it something family oriented. Since it is, after all, for the school that our children go to. They should have just had another family night event with the basket raffle being a part of it. It makes me wonder if this is going to lessen the amount of funds they raise as well, since I know there are other parents in the same boat as I am. Shame you can't purchase tickets just for the raffle, and be able to pick up your prize later on.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

mighty cute back!! hope in brings in LOTS"O"DOUGH!

odd - adults only? what kind of donations did they get for the raffles? YIPES!

4/05/2005 2:22 PM  
Blogger Kellie said...

Thant's the thing. It is all ordinary stuff. Each class had a theme and then they asked the parents for donations. My daughter's class was a "beach" theme. Nothing wrong with that. Now if it was a "B#TCH" theme, then there might be a problem! ROFL.

4/05/2005 2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home