Friday, February 18, 2005

Heads Up

Thanks to fellow crocheter Carmen I got a lead on where to purchase those most picturesque of models... A styrofoam head. Heck, they don't eat much and ya never hear them complain that something isn't their color/style/taste. In short the perfect model for my attempts at hat making. Where did I find this most treasured of assistants without paying an arm and a leg on eBay? (Pardon the pun.) At Sally Beauty Supply. I used their store locator service and found a location that was within a 40 minute drive of where I live. And it didn't hurt that it was 10 minutes away from a store where I could peruse the yarn section. I ended up purchasing three heads. My youngest DD didn't know what to make of them at first, I think they scared her. But by the time we got up to the register she wanted to hold them all. Now when I yell that she's got my head, don't anyone get panicky... Remember it's the styrofoam one! Lol. I think that I am only going to need the one model, so what do I do with the other two? Hmmm... They were such a bargain price that I couldn't pass them up. Perhaps they will be seeking out fellow needleworkers in need of a model. We shall have to wait and see.

3 Comments:

Blogger Margie (and Fae) said...

When I was a kid, my Mom used to have one to hold a wig. When she stopped wearing the wig, she gave the head to me and I drew make-up (bright blue eye shadow, cherry red lips, and bright pink blusher) all over it! I even drew in hair! You brought back a fun memory!

2/19/2005 8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Margie best me to it. I was going to suggest that playing "makeup" with one head might be something to keep the DD busy???

2/20/2005 12:07 PM  
Blogger Kellie said...

The trouble is that Mommy doesn't have any make-up. Unless you count the fake blood leftover from Halloween. ROFL!

2/23/2005 1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home