Saturday, April 30, 2005

It Hurts to Tink

Would you believe that was the third time that I had to rip back? Grrr... The first two times I made mistakes in the bottom purple section. Once due to the yarn separating and the other time because of "human error" ie. my stupidity. Both of those times I ripped back all the way and started completely over. One good thing about this experience is that I learned how to use life lines. Hooray!* Picking up these dern stitches is not fun at all. They just want to slide on through and keep on going all the way down. I guess due to the slickness of the Micro Spun. That's why I am wondering why others have been having trouble with it when they make the Clapotis and they go to drop the stitches. My project is apparently suffering from Clapotis envy and wants to run, run, runaway! What exactly am I making? This is a portion of the first half of my youngest daughter's poncho. Yes, I am finally making the girls their matching ponchos because I am now the proud owner of Royal Blue Micro Spun! Woohoo! Now that we have all 12 colors for the project I can knit on, and on, and on. And hopefully the "tinking" or "frogging" will be kept at a minimum. Please, oh please, let the senseless slaughter of innocent rows stop here. *Please note the sarcasm. Although, I suppose that it is handy to know how to thread a life line in your project, just in case. But it was one of those lessons I never wanted to have to learn.

2 Comments:

Blogger none said...

I will be interested to see how this turns out. I decided to do a project in Microspun too, a little summer dress for my older daughter.

I just frogged it twice tonight, I was reading the pattern that would say "sc across next 5 ch, 3 sc in next ch." However, my mind was creating that into "sc across next 5, ch. 3, sc in next ch. So, you can see how I made the error....urgh...Of course it took me several rows to figure this out.

My button should just say I=Idiot...ha ha!

4/30/2005 7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find that microspun is really slick too. It feels so soft though...

5/03/2005 9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home