Thursday, March 17, 2005

Just Beachy

My oldest DD's school is having a basket raffle. Each classroom is donating a basket. So they have sent home a note asking for donations. Apparently each class has a theme for a basket. My daughter's is beach related. I figured that everyone would be sending in suntan lotion and such. So I decided to make a beach bag.
Perhaps I was a little too ambitious, as it is turning out quite large. But then I am thinking if the people who win it are anything like my family, they have a load of towels and such to lug around. And so it should fit it all.
I am making it out of Sugar and Cream cotton in the Cool Breeze colorway. The pattern is an off-the-cuff one. I am in the midst of making the second strap for it. (I did write down how I formed the first so they would match.) I plan to have the two straps tie together in the center. Hopefully it will work out!

2 Comments:

Blogger DAWN said...

What a great idea! Whoever gets the basket will love it! I like the idea of it tieing at the top (cleaver). I wanted to also say that I'm happy to hear about your grandpa's situation. I hope it continues to improve.

~ DAWN

3/18/2005 1:08 PM  
Blogger none said...

That is a cool bag! I am interested in the pattern. I love the colors.

3/21/2005 7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home