Friday, April 15, 2005

Happy Tax Day!

Somehow it doesn't seem right to call tax day "happy". We filed our state and federal returns as soon as we got our W-2s. Or should I say when we got hubby's W-2, since I am a lazy unemployed slob homemaker. We always seem to forget about the local tax. (Ours is 1% of gross income.) This morning I found that I could print that sucker off the internet. Woohoo! No rush trip to the local library, crossing my fingers and chanting the tax mantra "they will have a form, they will have a form, they will not be all gone, they will have a form". Now that little form is all filled out and waiting for the mailman. And it will be stamped with today's date so it will be considered on time. Whew! We made it. Now only one question remains... Did you do your taxes?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so anal about that stuff, mine were done in February, all mailed out and I had the state tax in hand at beginning of March to pay the feds. My ex-husband let it go one time, and I am still paying for it 6 years later.. :(

4/15/2005 11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hubby waits until the last possible moment to file taxes. I might have to go with him on the trip to the post office tonight to see what kind of an orgy I've been missing out on all these years. I hate waiting until the last minute. You know its coming, do it when you get your W-2's and be done with it. Sorry to hear about your card. My card that is tied to eBay expired and although I fixed the info, I'm getting all of these mails saying "Your account will be suspended" but last night I had like 15 instances of Spyware on my computer, so I don't know if these are legitimate emails or not. I'm thinking "not" because when I checked the eBay account again, it looked like they went ahead and processed everything with the updated info. Sheila

4/15/2005 2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home