Thursday, April 21, 2005

Bulky Baby

Look what came in the mail yesterday! Remember how I went to the TKGA convention and learned how to use DPNs by making an oven mitt? Well, I decided to make some more and give them out at Christmas for gifts. The other day I placed an order for some more Lamb's Pride Bulky. It only took 6 days for me to get my order from Patternworks. Now I just have to figure out when I will be making the mitts. I may wait until the fall. Until then I shall be stocking up on some more of the yarn. Anyone know of a place that discounts the LP Bulky? The yummy colors! Bottom Row Left to Right: Ruby, Gold, Aubergine. Middle Row Left to Right: Blue Flannel and Rust. Top Row: Medieval Red. I also have a tiny bit of Olive Green left over from the first mitt and a skein of Fuchsia that I bought extra from the class teacher. So that will make 7 mitts for gifts. (I am keeping the first mitt just for me, me, me!) I definitely need more yarn. Story of a yarn-a-holics life.

2 Comments:

Blogger sara said...

o drool! please post how you like the lamb's pride. it's one of those things i keep telling myself I want to try, but haven't gotten around to yet.

4/22/2005 7:48 AM  
Blogger Kellie said...

I liked working with the LP while making the oven mitt. The colors are very vibrant and the wool works up well. It has a bit of mohair in it too. I keep feeling the mitt. I guess that's a good thing, lol.

I haven't felted the mitt yet (as I want to use it for reference when I make the next one), so I can't say how well it felts yet.

The yarn itself isn't very costly. It costs around $7 for a skein. If you are not getting the bulky, but rather the regular you will get more yardage. Enough for a small project. IF you have a chance to pick up a skein, do so. The best way to find out if you like it is to give it a go yourself. And since it is not superexpensive, it's not going to put a big dent in your pocket to give it a trial run.

I can definitely see ordering more of this in the future.

4/22/2005 12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home