Wednesday, March 23, 2005

The Rival Delivers

Today I got a package in the mail... err... UPSed to me. (Shhh... Don't tell hubby he works for one of the other companies.) What was in it? Well, feast your greedy little eyes on this stashy goodness. That's right... SUGAR BABIES*! The yarn that's been discontinued. The one that I love to make those little bibs out of. I got it from a secret online source. Okay, it's not really a secret. It's from Yarn and Thread by Lisa. Quick delivery, good customer service and she even threw in some free little patterns. Woohoo! Gotta love freebies. She even had in stock the size 11 ten inch knitting needles I needed (and could not find anywhere local). SCORE! Check out all the pretty colors! I must admit that I wanted to go really wild and buy tons of it. But I held myself back and settled for a measly 10 skeins. Really, you must know that this is an incredible show of self control. I picked out some colors that I never had the chance to use before (the darker purple and blue, plus both variegated yarns). The sparkly white and the yellow are replacements for the colors that I had run out of. Since the yarn has been discontinued I can see myself ordering some more in the very near future. Gotta get it while it's still out there. After all, every yarn wants a good home, and my stash is just one big old happy family waiting with open arms. Awww! *Sugar Babies is a sport weight cotton yarn made by Lily. It was marketed as a baby yarn. I can see it being used for lightweight summer items as well. Shame they never marketed it that way and branched out with more colors for it. Perhaps if they had they would not now be discontinuing the line. It's a shame as it is so tough to find a good sport weight cotton yarn that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two comments in one here!
1) Sorry about you being sick! Seems to be something going around. I don't think there is a journal I've read lately that someone isn't fighting "the crud". Feel better soon!
2) What's that? G'pa's out of the hospital? YIPPEEE!!!! God bless him!
3) Who makes Sugar Babies? I have a hard time reading your label in the pic. Is it made by Lily? If so, is it a baby weight version of the Sugar N' Cream?
Take care, get rest, drink lots!

3/23/2005 8:37 AM  
Blogger Kellie said...

The yarn is by Lily the same people who make Sugar 'n Cream. Apparently they decided to do away with all their other yarn lines and just do worsted weight.

A while back they used to make sportweight versions of their yarn. Then they came out with the Sugar Babies line and then the Crafter's Cotton (bulky). Now they have discontinued all of those. So if you see them and want them, don't hesitate to snatch them on up! :o)

3/23/2005 8:59 PM  
Blogger none said...

Oh, I bet I would like this yarn. I like the Sugar N Cream and I have thought about using that for baby clothes, but didn't like the thickness. Too bad they are discontinuing it.

3/24/2005 4:30 AM  
Blogger Trish said...

oooh, i have to get some of this. darn you....a reason to add to my stash??? "but it's discontinued, honey." hehehehe

3/24/2005 11:28 AM  
Blogger Daisy said...

Does that mean Sugar n Cream Sport is discontinued, too? No fair!

3/30/2005 2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home