Sunday, March 20, 2005

Kool Aid Madness

I have been working on my oldest DDs science project with her. She had decided upon dyeing yarn with Kool Aid. We selected six different types of yarn with different fiber contents. Then I made up little circle swatches and we dyed them. To see what would happen to the yarn before dyeing, after dyeing, and after hand washing. So I have been busy turning my hands all sorts of colors this weekend. Plus crocheting all the circles to dye. I made about 30 or so of them. One for each color of dye aka flavor of Kool Aid (we managed to find 18 different colors). Then three for each type of yarn. And then a few extras added in, just in case. Right now I am franticly knitting up swatches of the pour dyed yarn (we spooned different colors on top of the yarn) and the immersion dyed yarn (yarn put into one color of dye). Oh the things we do for our kids! Plus I need to upload pictures of the whole process and print them out. I think it is going to be a late night here! I will post pics of some of the colorful fun later on. Gotta get back to swatching! Morning will be here before I know it. Sigh. Well, at least it's not me who has to write the report. Poor kiddo.

1 Comments:

Blogger none said...

Kool-Aid, huh? Interesting. I can't wait to see what they look like.

3/21/2005 7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home