Thursday, March 24, 2005

Mooooola

Today I sent out my packages to my swap partners in the Spring Blossoms swap at Crochetville. I was so happy that I could get them all packaged up and sent off. One of them is going way down south to... Oh wait, I can't say where they are going, or who they are going to. Shame on me! But I can say that two are staying in the states and the other is winging it's way across "the pond". Then I got a big shocker at the Post Office. Man oh man! When did the rates go up for shipping overseas? It cost me $35 to send a box that was between 5-6 pounds. Yikes!* I can remember sending things to Australia, France, England, Malaysia and Japan before I got married (ummm... almost 11 years ago, shhh). I don't recall it costing an arm and a leg, okay a wrist and an ankle, to ship packages. When did the post decide to take such a drastic hike? Here I was expecting to spend maybe $18 to send it, and go paying almost double. That'll teach me! Next time I'll order stuff online in the country it's already going to and save on the postage costs. I'll just wait until a good currency exchange rate day. Lol. I do not mean to sound as though I am complaining about shipping overseas. (I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Well, perhaps longer than a heartbeat since you have to wait in line at the Post Office!) I knew what I was getting into when I signed up. The inflation just took me by surprise.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

woohoo! you sure got a great haul on your yarn!! your packages being sent seem quite fantastic as well! oh, psssst, little tip on sending overseas, UPS, fedex, dhl.... most of these services are much cheaper than USPS :)
ohhhh, now i tell you (i'm ducking out now)

3/24/2005 11:35 PM  
Blogger Kellie said...

Tell me the secret! When I checked the rates online they all wanted $90 and above to deliver to a residental address. Don't worry I won't throw shoes at you or anything! Lol.

3/24/2005 11:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

::thud::
That's the sound of me fainting from your sticker shock at the post orifice! WOW!

3/25/2005 12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home